Bowles, Paul, Travels: Collected Writings 1950-93, introduced by Paul Theroux (London: Sort Of, 2010).
Paul Bowles was one of the great twentieth-century American writers, author of the defining post-war novel, The Sheltering Sky. His novels are established classics but here is something new – his collected travel writing, spanning nearly fifty years.
Travels includes more than forty articles, ranging from Paris to Ceylon, Thailand, Kenya and Morocco – where Bowles lived from 1947. They are accompanied by original photos from the Paul Bowles archive, an introduction by Paul Theroux, and a chronology by Daniel Halpern.
Publisher's webpage about this title.
- Search for this item at google.com
- Search for this item at goodreads.com
- Search for this item at COPAC: the merged online catalogues of 24 major university research libraries in the UK and Ireland plus the British Library, the National Library of Scotland, and the National Library of Wales/Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru.
- Search for this item at WorldCat: the world's largest network
of library content and services
- Search for this item at isbndb.com
filed under: translations / new editions
in Travel Writing (journal)
for Travel Writing Studies (Nottingham Trent University)