Theakstone, John, Victorian and Edwardian Women Travellers: a Bibliography of books published in English (Mansfield Centre, CT: Martino Publishing, 2006).
An alphabetically listed biographical bibliography of more than 1500 books by more than 1100 women travellers. Single and married names are cross-listed, and a list of pseudonyms is included. There's an introduction putting female travel writing in context, plus a brief mention of the critical field of study relating to this topic. Under the author's name, each entry gives publishing details of her relevant works, usually a short biography of the writer herself, and a resumee of those of her books with which Theakstone is familiar (he owns more than 400 of the books mentioned and has read others: thus more than 75% of the total entries are annotated in this way). [Shirley Foster]
- Search for this item at google.com
- Search for this item at goodreads.com
- Search for this item at COPAC: the merged online catalogues of 24 major university research libraries in the UK and Ireland plus the British Library, the National Library of Scotland, and the National Library of Wales/Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru.
- Search for this item at WorldCat: the world's largest network
of library content and services
- Search for this item at isbndb.com
filed under: bibliographies
in Travel Writing (journal)
for Travel Writing Studies (Nottingham Trent University)