Cilauro, Santo and Gleisner, Tom and Sitch, Rob, Molvania: A Land Untouched by Modern Dentistry (Woodstock: Overlook Press, 2003).
Turning the standard text and design of familiar travel guides on its ear is the mandate of the Jetlag Travel Guide to Molvanîa, the small Eastern European nation keen to position itself as a tourist attraction, despite the fact that it doesn't exist.
Welcome to Molvanîa, the "land-locked republic famous as the birthplace of the polka and whooping cough, and producer of 83% of the world's beetroot." Cultural details, useful phrases, accommodation and restaurant listings, color photos, and maps are found alongside information about the people, the country, and major exports (which include spittoons and low-grade heroin).
Publisher's webpage about this title.
- Search for this item at google.com
- Search for this item at goodreads.com
- Search for this item at COPAC: the merged online catalogues of 24 major university research libraries in the UK and Ireland plus the British Library, the National Library of Scotland, and the National Library of Wales/Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru.
- Search for this item at WorldCat: the world's largest network
of library content and services
- Search for this item at isbndb.com
filed under: original works of travel writing
in Travel Writing (journal)
for Travel Writing Studies (Nottingham Trent University)